Nani seals Sporting CP return
Nani's homecoming is complete, with Sporting CP confirming the capture of their former player on Wednesday.
Portugal winger Nani has re-joined Sporting CP on a permanent basis more than a decade after originally departing for Manchester United.
Valencia reportedly allowed the 31-year-old to leave on a free in order to reunite with the club that gave him his professional debut in 2005.
He previously returned for a loan spell during the 2014-15 season, netting 11 goals in 36 competitive appearances.
Nani hopes to finally settle in Lisbon
The Euro 2016 winner has failed to settle since leaving United with no more than one season spent at any of Fenerbahce, Valencia and Lazio, where he played on loan last term.
Sporting have likewise struggled for stability in recent times, seeing a host of first-team players head for the exit following a training ground attack from fans at the end of last season.
61 - No other portuguese player created more goalscoring chances than Nani (61) in Liga NOS in 2014-15 (Quaresma also 61). Home. pic.twitter.com/OYUZT93Qxb— OptaJoao (@OptaJoao) July 11, 2018
They last month sacked Sinisa Mihajlovic after nine days in charge, installing former coach Jose Peseiro as his successor.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is the salary of a special teams coach in the NFL?
- NFL Tom Brady 'remains noncommittal’ about playing in 2022; Bruce Arians remains hopeful
- NFL What teams are left in the NFL playoffs?
- Real Madrid Benzema: "Madrid is everything to me, I feel at home here"
- SERIE A Vlahovic: Fiorentina say no offers for in-demand striker
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern want Lewandowski and Neuer to end careers in Munich