PSG will know that now Cristiano Ronaldo has left Real Madrid, president Florentino Pérez will be on the hunt for another superstar to fill the void left by the Portuguese. And top of his list is none other than Neymar.
The Brazilian striker, who arrived in Paris just one year ago for a world-record fee of 222 million euros, would look favourably on a move to Madrid, even more so now that Ronaldo has packed his bags. With this in mind and eager to hold on the 26-year-old, PSG have initiated talks with his representatives and want to improve his contract terms.
PSG will pay Neymar the same as Messi
Neymar signed a five-year contract worth 37 million euros net a year when he joined the club a year ago. Now PSG is reportedly willing to offer him a salary in the region of Lionel Messi’s, the world’s highest paid player at 50 million euros per year.
With no release clause in his contract, Real Madrid’s plan is to convince Neymar to ask PSG to sell him. But the Parisian club are hoping this new salary offer will prevent him from wanting to leave. If Madrid’s plan fails, plan B is Neymar’s teammate Kylian Mbappé, who is seven years younger and whose price would be lower.
In a bid to keep Neymar happy in Paris, PSG has also hired Bruno Mazziotti, the physio for the Brazilian national team, who became close to the player while he was recovering from a foot injury that had kept him out for three months earlier this year.
Te recomendamos en English
- FIFA No harm, no foul between Mexico and Honduras after the 90 minutes.
- COPA AMERICA Brazil vs Venezuela: covid-19 chaos as La Vinotinto face up to tall task
- US News Unemployment benefits: How many fraudulent claims were made and how much money was stolen?
- E3 2021 PC Gaming Show at E3 2021: times, stream and how to watch
- E3 2021 Square Enix conference at E3 2021: times, stream and how to watch
- E3 2021 Microsoft Xbox + Bethesda conference at E3 2021: times, stream online and how to watch