PSG will know that now Cristiano Ronaldo has left Real Madrid, president Florentino Pérez will be on the hunt for another superstar to fill the void left by the Portuguese. And top of his list is none other than Neymar.
The Brazilian striker, who arrived in Paris just one year ago for a world-record fee of 222 million euros, would look favourably on a move to Madrid, even more so now that Ronaldo has packed his bags. With this in mind and eager to hold on the 26-year-old, PSG have initiated talks with his representatives and want to improve his contract terms.
PSG will pay Neymar the same as Messi
Neymar signed a five-year contract worth 37 million euros net a year when he joined the club a year ago. Now PSG is reportedly willing to offer him a salary in the region of Lionel Messi’s, the world’s highest paid player at 50 million euros per year.
With no release clause in his contract, Real Madrid’s plan is to convince Neymar to ask PSG to sell him. But the Parisian club are hoping this new salary offer will prevent him from wanting to leave. If Madrid’s plan fails, plan B is Neymar’s teammate Kylian Mbappé, who is seven years younger and whose price would be lower.
In a bid to keep Neymar happy in Paris, PSG has also hired Bruno Mazziotti, the physio for the Brazilian national team, who became close to the player while he was recovering from a foot injury that had kept him out for three months earlier this year.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Neymar in high spirits in individual training at PSG
- MLB MLB spring training: who's playing this weekend and how to watch
- NFL Could Mac Jones be the quarterback of the future with the New England Patriots?
- US News Why has Biden ordered military action in Syria?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check calculator: how much could you receive?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how many votes are needed to pass the relief bill?