World Cup winner Giroud ends tournament without shot on target
Olivier Giroud's woeful World Cup in front of goal continued in France's 4-2 win against Croatia in the final on Sunday.
World Cup winner Olivier Giroud has ended his campaign without a single shot on target in 546 minutes of action.
Giroud: part of the winning team
The Chelsea striker played 81 minutes of Les Bleus' thrilling 4-2 final win over Croatia on Sunday where his woes in front of goal continued.
After failing to start France's first game against Australia, Giroud was introduced into the starting XI for the second group clash against Peru – a position he did not relinquish for the remainder of the tournament.
While he failed to pose much in the way of a goal threat, his physical presence allowed Kylian Mbappe and Antoine Griezmann to flourish, the duo causing havoc for defences throughout Russia 2018.
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Watch out for Wilson against Houston