Mbappé leaves Griezmann off his list of Ballon d'Or nominees
The PSG striker will change his number for next season to number 7 and also gives his reasoning behind his Ballon d'Or selections.
Kylian Mbappé has given his list of Ballon d'Or nominations for France Football's award where he has named Cristiano Ronaldo, Raphael Varane and Luka Modric. Although, curiously, he did not mention Antoine Griezmann in his nominations or Lionel Messi, Edinson Cavani or Neymar.
The 19-year-old explained in an interview with the French magazine that he picked the three players who won their third Champions League and said "to fill it out, I would add myself." In the same interview, he says he recommended the signing of N'Golo Kante to PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi.
After returning from Russia where he put on some dazzling performances, the 19-year-old will change his number at PSG next season too. He wore the number 29 before, which held significance for the attacker as it was the day his little brother was born. After Lucas Moura's move to Spurs', however, the number 7 shirt is available and he will wear that in Ligue 1 in 2018-19.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool