Valencia complete €8m swoop for Piccini
Cristiano Piccini is looking forward to Champions League football after swapping Sporting CP for Valencia.
Valencia have completed the €8million signing of Sporting CP right-back Cristiano Piccini on a four-year deal.
The 25-year-old agreed a deal until 2022 on Monday, with Valencia inserting an €80m release clause into his contract at Mestalla.
It is a second spell in LaLiga for Piccini having spent three seasons with Real Betis before moving to Lisbon in 2017.
A big jump for Piccini
But after only one Primeira Liga campaign, the former Fiorentina youth player is back in Spain, and he is looking forward to the new challenge.
"It's a big jump, one of great pride, because I started in the lower leagues in Italy and today is one of the most happy of my life, and one of the happiest of my career," he told Valencia's official website.
"Playing [in] the Champions League is a great motivation, and, in addition, in the centennial year, which is going to be a very special year."
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"