Modric: Inter target going nowhere - Real Madrid director
Real Madrid's director of institutional relations, Emilio Butragueño, has sought to calm supporters' fears over Luka Modric's future.
Emilio Butragueño is in no doubt. Real Madrid's director of institutional relations spoke to the media before Wednesday's Uefa Super Cup clash with Atlético Madrid, and sought to ease fans' concerns over the future of midfielder Luka Modric.
"There is no issue with Modric," says Butragueño
"There is no issue with Modric," Butragueño told Movistar+ when asked whether the 32-year-old's absence from Julen Lopetegui's starting line-up in Tallinn was linked to a potential summer departure from the European champions. "He couldn't be happier to continue playing for Real Madrid."
Modric has been heavily tipped for a switch to Serie A club Inter Milan in recent weeks, but all the indications are that the Croatia captain, who won the Golden Ball as the best player at this summer's World Cup in Russia, is to sign a new, improved contract to remain at the Bernabéu.
Inter not giving up on Modric
However, Inter are understood to still hold out hope that they can secure the services of the former Dinamo Zagreb and Tottenham Hotspur playmaker before the Italian transfer window closes on Friday.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game