Nine out of ten fans want new signings for Real Madrid
According to a poll conducted by AS.com, almost 90% of respondents are not convinced that the current squad is sufficient to bring Los Blancos success.
Based on the results of a poll conducted by AS.com, there is a strong desire for Real Madrid to dip into the transfer market before it closes on August 31.
Madrid: New signings, please
The vote was undertaken following Los Blancos' defeat to city rivals Atlético in the European Super Cup on Wednesday evening and asked whether the current squad at the Santiago Bernabéu was strong enough to compete domestically and in Europe or if new recruits were needed. This summer, Real Madrid have seen talisman Cristiano Ronaldo and Mateo Kovacic both leave the club for Juventus and Chelsea (loan) respectively, with goalkeepers Thibaut Courtois and Andriy Lunin, defender Álvaro Odriozola and young prospect Vinicius Jr being added. The response was clear.
Of the 15,483 responses to the question "Do Real Madrid need to make signings?" 88% (13,673) said yes.
Buenos días! On today's @diarioas front page: Fans urge #RealMadrid to make signings - 88% of voters in an https://t.co/vbe7xmO6Z3 poll say Los Blancos need to strengthenhttps://t.co/6YuTeCMrM8 pic.twitter.com/XN0ixEyzFq— AS English (@English_AS) 17 August 2018
Real Madrid get their Liga campaign underway on Sunday evening (22:15 CEST) at home to Getafe and fans will be expecting to see a comfortable three points collected by new manager Julen Lopetegui. But between now and the end of the month, they will also be hoping that decisions are made in the club's hierarchy to ensure new faces are added that strengthen their prospects of maintaining the success that they have become accostomed to.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?