Alonso: Chelsea value Real Madrid, Atlético target at 60m
The Premier League club would negotiate if a 60m-euro offer came in, but are very happy with the Spaniard and don't want him to leave.
Chelsea have put a 60-million-euro price tag on Spanish defender Marcos Alonso, who is being closely tracked by LaLiga pair Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid.
Chelsea willing to talk for 60m, but not keen for Alonso to leave
But although Blues director Marina Granovskaia would sit down and negotiate were such an offer to come in, she does not want to lose Alonso this summer. What's more, the Premier League club's new manager, Maurizio Sarri, is delighted with the left-back's performances so far and already sees him as a key figure in his side.
Doing deal before end of August looks like a tall order
It therefore looks unlikely that Real or Atlético's interest in the once-capped Spain international, 27, will come to anything before the LaLiga transfer window shuts on 31 August.
Indeed, the indications are that it is a deal the Spanish clubs may be more likely to attempt next year, with Atlético particularly keen to move for Alonso ahead of the 2019/20 campaign.
Filipe Luis departure could see Atleti move this summer
However, were Los Rojiblancos to sell Filipe Luis to Paris Saint-Germain for the 30m-euro fee that they are seeking for the wantaway Brazilian, they could countenance splashing out on Alonso as his replacement this month.
Alonso would only consider leaving London for Madrid
For his part, Alonso - who graduated from Real Madrid's youth system but also spent time in the Atlético academy - is very happy at Chelsea and would only consider leaving West London for a return to the Spanish capital.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente