Alonso: Chelsea value Real Madrid, Atlético target at 60m
The Premier League club would negotiate if a 60m-euro offer came in, but are very happy with the Spaniard and don't want him to leave.
Chelsea have put a 60-million-euro price tag on Spanish defender Marcos Alonso, who is being closely tracked by LaLiga pair Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid.
Chelsea willing to talk for 60m, but not keen for Alonso to leave
But although Blues director Marina Granovskaia would sit down and negotiate were such an offer to come in, she does not want to lose Alonso this summer. What's more, the Premier League club's new manager, Maurizio Sarri, is delighted with the left-back's performances so far and already sees him as a key figure in his side.
Doing deal before end of August looks like a tall order
It therefore looks unlikely that Real or Atlético's interest in the once-capped Spain international, 27, will come to anything before the LaLiga transfer window shuts on 31 August.
Indeed, the indications are that it is a deal the Spanish clubs may be more likely to attempt next year, with Atlético particularly keen to move for Alonso ahead of the 2019/20 campaign.
Filipe Luis departure could see Atleti move this summer
However, were Los Rojiblancos to sell Filipe Luis to Paris Saint-Germain for the 30m-euro fee that they are seeking for the wantaway Brazilian, they could countenance splashing out on Alonso as his replacement this month.
Alonso would only consider leaving London for Madrid
For his part, Alonso - who graduated from Real Madrid's youth system but also spent time in the Atlético academy - is very happy at Chelsea and would only consider leaving West London for a return to the Spanish capital.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped