Fekir on failed Reds move: "Only Liverpool know the real reason"
A World Cup winner with France last month, Nabil Fekir is unsure why his move to Liverpool broke down but the Olympique Lyon forward says he has moved on.
Nabil Fekir still cannot understand why his transfer to Liverpool failed to materialise, though the Olympique Lyon star insisted it is "ancient history" as he talked up the possibility of a contract extension. World Cup winner and France international Fekir was on the verge of joining Liverpool before the Premier League side backed out of negotiations amid doubts over the 25-year-old's fitness, according to reports.
In the dark as to why Anfield move fell through
Fekir is unsure why the move collapsed but the attacker has moved on after coming off the bench in Lyon's 2-0 Ligue 1 victory against Strasbourg on Friday.
"My future? I am Lyonnais and I will stay. For the extension, we'll see! Why not? I am in Lyon, I am good," Fekir told reporters. "It is true that things happened this summer, but there is a new season starting in Lyon and I am very happy to be here. Yes, the missed transfer to Liverpool is totally digested. These are things that happen. It's like that. We must advance. It's ancient history. I heard several things. The real reason is that they [Liverpool] only know it."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series