Marcelo the only starter against Girona to train as he tries to regain fitness
The left-back was taken off after 61 minutes and he trained with the subs from Sunday night in an effort to regain his fitness.
Marcelo, who was substituted against Girona in the second half after an hour, was the only player who started the game on Sunday night to train with the subs as they returned to work after the weekend. His objective is to keep topping up his fitness after a tough summer and some rust on his return to Madrid.
The players who were started on Sunday night in Montilivi, except Marcelo, completed a recovery session on Monday. Some took to the field to loosen out with a long and steady run with Vinicius joining them after his Real Madrid Castilla debut on Sunday afternoon.
Marcelo was joined by Raphael Varane and Luka Modric, who were substitutes and are trying to recapture their fitness after a gruelling World Cup and subsequent break. He worked tirelessly during the session as he tries to make sure the same thing doesn't happen again. He said on Sunday night that "the substitution surprised me but I respect the manager's decision."
Jesus Vallejo remains the only player out injured and the team worked with ball possession and pressure. They return to training on Wednesday when they train at 19:00 CEST with Leganes approaching on Saturday at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What has Biden said about Justice Breyer's replacement on the Supreme Court?
- SIGA SIGA Global Mentorship Program creating the next generation of female leaders
- NFL How many Super Bowls have the San Francisco 49ers won?
- NFL Chiefs fans donate $223K to Buffalo hospital to mark win vs Bills
- NBA Statue of Kobe and Gianna Bryant erected at crash site
- NBA Giannis admits Cavs deserves greater respect after Bucks win