Barcelona still have watchful eye on transfer market
With the futures of Rafinha and Alcácer still up in the air, Barcelona continue to weigh up the transfer market for possible cover, according to AS' club sources.
With just four days until deadline day in Spain, Barcelona’s sporting direction still have their eye on the transfer market, as they wait to see how situations unfold with Paco Alcácer and Rafinha Alcántra, two players that are still being linked with a move away to from the Camp Nou.
Borrussia Dortmond are still looking to sign striker Paco Alcácer, while Benfica and Real Betis are battling it out for Rafinha. In the event that the Spanish-Brazilian midfielder joins either Benfica or Betis, Barcelona would not "rule out adding another midfield option" to the squad, according to club sources.
With the possibility of one or both players leaving the club, those same sources told AS: “We are open to everything, and watching and controlling the market." Coach Ernesto Valverde is also concerned about the depth of his defence and would like to sign another central defender, according to AS’ sources.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What has Biden said about Justice Breyer's replacement on the Supreme Court?
- SIGA SIGA Global Mentorship Program creating the next generation of female leaders
- NFL How many Super Bowls have the San Francisco 49ers won?
- NFL Chiefs fans donate $223K to Buffalo hospital to mark win vs Bills
- NBA Statue of Kobe and Gianna Bryant erected at crash site
- NBA Giannis admits Cavs deserves greater respect after Bucks win