Mendes explodes: "ridiculous" that Cristiano didn't win award
Speaking with Portuguese outlet Record, the football agent made his feelings clear after Luka Modric was given Uefa's Best Player of the Season award.
Football agent Jorge Mendes showed his annoyance after the Uefa award for the best player of the season was given to Luka Modric. He was sure it should have gone to the player he represents, Cristiano Ronaldo.
Modric over Ronaldo "ridiculous" says Mendes
The awards were handed out during the draw for the 2018/19 Champions League group stage in Monaco on Thursday. Afterwards the Portuguese agent said that he considers it unfair that the now-Juventus star did not take the award.
"Football is played within the four lines of the pitch and that's where Cristiano won. He scored 15 goals, and carried Madrid on his back to conquer the Champions League once again. It's just ridiculous; a disgrace. There is no doubt about the winner, he is the best in his position," Jorge Mendes told Record.
For what it is worth, Cristiano did win Uefa's award for the Best Forward of the season. The former Real Madrid man was the big absence from the ceremony.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?