Congo DR international Youssouf Mulumbu completes Celtic move
The midfielder has joined The Hoops on a two-year deal after being released by Kilmarnock in June.
Celtic have completed the signing of Congo DR international Youssouf Mulumbu, the Scottish champions announced on Friday.
The 31-year-old midfielder, who left Kilmarnock this summer after a stunning season, signed a two-year contract that will keep him with the Hoops until 2020.
According to a report by The Scottish Sun, Swansea, who are playing in the Championship after being relegated from Premier League last season, were also interested in the midfielder.
Mulumbu: “It’s a great feeling”
In an interview with Celtic’s official website, the Congolese said that “it’s a great feeling” to join the Scottish giants.
“This is a big opportunity for me and I just want to show the club that they made a good choice with me and that I can improve the group and help us win the title,” he said.
“When the gaffer called me I never hesitated. I was at the stadium yesterday and I saw the atmosphere, the fans and the support. This is a different world from Kilmarnock, West Brom and Norwich.”
Mulumbu started his career with Paris Saint-Germain in 2004. He moved to West Bromwich Albion for an initial loan spell in January 2009 before he was signed on a permanent basis six months after.
In 2015 he left the Baggies on a free transfer to Norwich City. He was released from the Canaries following the expiration of his two-year contract.
Last November, the midfielder joined Kilmarnock till the end of the 2017-18 season. He featured in 18 games and scored once as the East Ayrshire side finished fifth.
A former member of the France under-20 and under-21 teams, Mulumbu has been capped 36 times by the Congo DR national team.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher