Dazzling Vinicius Castilla display as Lopetegui watches on
The Brazilian scored both goals for his Real Madrid Castilla side as they drew 2-2 with Atlético B in the mini-Madrid 2B derby.
This is what we expected from Vinicius Jr. The Brazilian is carrying out his Real Madrid "apprenticeship" with RM Castilla in Segunda B with the club anxious not to push him into the major spotlight too soon.
The teenager bagged two goals in the first half of the mini derbi against Atlético B as first team coach Julen Lopetegui watched on from the stand at the Cerro del Espino stadium. The Brazilian player was a handful for the Atleti B rear-guard and was fouled on no less than eight occasions as he also managed to open his account in the famous white shirt. He added to his tally shortly after and is a goal destined to be popular on You Tube curling a lose ball with venom into the top corner.
Things were not as straight forward for Castilla in a second half that saw coach Solari sent off for a protesting. Atleti B drew level and there was still time for Vinicius to pick up a yellow card and almost seal the win for the side in white.
Following last week's discreet performance from the Brazilian in the win over Las Palmas B, today's performance will have been encouraging for all Madrid fans and for Lopetegui. Next up for Castilla on September 9 is a trip to Madrid based outfit Union Adarve.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Men's 100m, track & field, medal count, results, today 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system
- GOLD CUP FINAL 2021 Gold Cup final: USA vs Mexico - times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?