Dazzling Vinicius Castilla display as Lopetegui watches on
The Brazilian scored both goals for his Real Madrid Castilla side as they drew 2-2 with Atlético B in the mini-Madrid 2B derby.
This is what we expected from Vinicius Jr. The Brazilian is carrying out his Real Madrid "apprenticeship" with RM Castilla in Segunda B with the club anxious not to push him into the major spotlight too soon.
The teenager bagged two goals in the first half of the mini derbi against Atlético B as first team coach Julen Lopetegui watched on from the stand at the Cerro del Espino stadium. The Brazilian player was a handful for the Atleti B rear-guard and was fouled on no less than eight occasions as he also managed to open his account in the famous white shirt. He added to his tally shortly after and is a goal destined to be popular on You Tube curling a lose ball with venom into the top corner.
Things were not as straight forward for Castilla in a second half that saw coach Solari sent off for a protesting. Atleti B drew level and there was still time for Vinicius to pick up a yellow card and almost seal the win for the side in white.
Following last week's discreet performance from the Brazilian in the win over Las Palmas B, today's performance will have been encouraging for all Madrid fans and for Lopetegui. Next up for Castilla on September 9 is a trip to Madrid based outfit Union Adarve.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan