Iago Aspas replaces Diego Costa in Spain squad
The Spanish FA have confirmed that the Atletico Madrid striker has left the squad for "family reasons" with the Celta forward his replacement.
Iago Aspas has been drafted into Luis Enrique's Spain squad ahead of the first two Uefa Nations League matches against England in Wembley and Croatia at home in Elche next Tuesday.
The Galician player replaces Diego Costa after the Spanish FA (RFEF) confirmed that the Atleti striker won't form part of the squad due to "family reasons".
The Celta forward scored his first goal of the season last Saturday as Celta beat Atleti 2-0, the only of the selected Spanish strikers to have been called up (Morata, Rodrigo and Costa) for the Uefa Nations League matches.
Recommended in English
- TENNIS Osaka gives up AO crown: 'This is the biggest step, even though I lost'
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Nothing quite beats single leg cup football
- NFL NFL playoffs: Rams must score big to beat Brady and Bucs, says Stafford
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea under Thomas Tuchel: a year on
- QATAR 2022 World Cup Qatar 2022, African Qualifiers play-off draw: how and where to watch, times, TV, online