Operation Renewal: Barça need to tie down futures of key figures
Barcelona are preparing for contract renewal talks over the coming months to keep several key figures at the club.
Catalunyan daily Mundo Deportivo carries the cover story this Friday that Barcelona are working to secure contract renewals with some of the key figures in coach Ernest Valverde’s squad.
The next few months will be key in contract negotiations with the likes of Jordi Alba, Sergio Busquets, Munir, Rafinha, Vermaelan and Rakitic, who has already publically stated that he expects the club to improve his salary after he turned down a big-money move to PSG last month.
Other important contract renewal talks will have to be held with Valverde himself. Although the club are aware they must not put too much pressure on the head coach and will have to approach the situation with patience.
Meanwhile, Sport’s front page carries the story of Arturo Vidal, who says that he is “ready” to make his first start for Barcelona, after having come on as a substitute for the club’s three first LaLiga games. Vidal is currently on international duty with Chile, and is expected to be named in Valverde's starting 11 for Barcelona's clash with Real Sociedad on Saturday, September 15.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA