"Did you watch the World Cup?" US defender asks ref after foul on Neymar
Neymar has wanted to put the furore he created over his antics at the World Cup behind him, but some opposition players are clearly not ready to leave it go.
While he did show some flashes of brilliance for Brazil in Russia this summer, Neymar will be best – or worst – remembered for his theatrics at the World Cup. The Unites States missed out on the tournament for the first time in over 30 years, but defender DeAndre Yedlin clearly had watched Neymar’s antics on television and enquired if the referee of last night’s US-Brazil game between had too.
After the referee blew his whistle in the 22nd minute for a foul following Yedlin’s challenge on Neymar which left the Brazilian on the floor, the Newcastle United player approached the referee and brazenly asked him: “Did you watch the World Cup?” The referee, who did not take action against Yedlin for the comment, just nodded and gestured at Yedlin to calm down before jogging away.
Neymar has clearly wanted to put the furore he caused at the World Cup behind him, and even starred in a Gillette ad in Brazil where he vowed to "become a new man" and asked the country to get behind him. But unfortunately for the Brazilian talisman, it seems it will be a while yet before opposition players and fans forget about his World Cup antics.
"Did you watch the World Cup?"— FOX Soccer (@FOXSoccer) 8 de septiembre de 2018
DeAndre Yedlin got Neymar jokes 😂 pic.twitter.com/CXEgp7CBNi
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7