REAL MADRID - ROMA
Pelizzoli: “Without Ronaldo, Real Madrid are less scary”
Ivan Pelizzoli played for AS Roma for four years and played against Real Madrid as he recalls those encounters.
Ivan Pelizzoli played against Real Madrid a handful of times during his spell with AS Roma. The shot-stopper recalled those games ahead of the Italian side's trip to the Bernabeu on Wednesday night and spoke about Ronaldo's departure from the club.
"He won games on his own at times," Pelizzoli says. "They are still a great team, obviously, but I think that without Cristiano, they're a little less scary."
"We saw the news and we didn't knw what was going on," he said regarding the game that took place after the 9/11 terror attacks in New York in 2001 in what was the first official game between the two teams. "It was chilling, we would have preferred not to have played that game. It was difficult to focus but from the warm-up I manage to, it was my first start in the Champions League."
Recommended in English
- NFL “Nobody is satisfied here” Brady and the Bucs are ready to take on the Eagles!
- NFL NFL: Rams' Weddle set for stunning playoff comeback against Cardinals
- NFL Tom Brady vs Jalen Hurts: wild card appearances, stats and records
- USMNT Juventus boss praises USMNT midfielder Weston McKennie
- AFCON 2022 Khazri nets brace as Eagles of Carthage soar past the Lions
- AFCON 2022 Late blunder and Kessie miss cost Elephants