Lyon take zero tolerance approach after fan's Nazi salute
Lyon's victory over Manchester City was overshadowed by video footage that spread online following the Group F opener at the Etihad Stadium.
Lyon plan to hand down a lifetime ban to one supporter for a Nazi salute that was captured on camera as the club stunned Manchester City in the Champions League.
Zero tolerance for Nazis
Wednesday's 2-1 victory over Premier League holders City was overshadowed by video footage that spread online following the Group F opener at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester.
Ligue 1 outfit Lyon did not specify the incident in a statement but said they were responding to a "video circulating on social networks".
L’OL a pris connaissance d’une vidéo qui circule sur les réseaux sociaux. Le supporter en cause est en cours d’identification par les services de l’OL.— Olympique Lyonnais (@OL) September 19, 2018
Toutes les infos https://t.co/fBmEEV7l3m
Once the fan is identified, they will be barred from home matches at Groupama Stadium and stopped from travelling for games, Lyon confirmed.
Lyon, who have won two of their opening five Ligue 1 fixtures, host Marseille on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds