Aduriz targeting weekend return against Barcelona
The striker is set to make his comeback from injury against the league leaders in Camp Nou having not featured for The Lions since the opening weekend.
Athletic striker Aritz Aduriz, who has been out of action since the first week of LaLiga action with a persistent muscle problem, is expected to return this weekend as the Lions travel to Camp Nou to face league leaders Barcelona.
Aduriz, who started Athletic’s first game of the season, a 2-1 victory over Leganés, has not featured since although he did make the bench for the 1-1 draw against Real Madrid but was not included as Eduardo Berizzo’s side suffered their first defeat of the season on Wednesday against Villarreal.
Unai Simón to continue in goal at Camp Nou
According to Berizzo, Aduriz was not “100 percent” ahead of the visit of the Submarine, who won 3-0 in San Mamés, but the return of the 37-year-old striker in Camp Nou will be a huge boost for a side who have been scoring reasonably freely in the early stages of the campaign but failing to turn draws into wins.
Goalkeeper Iago Herrerín remains sidelined, leaving 21-year-old Unai Simón to watch the sticks in Camp Nou after his heroics against Madrid. Markel Susaeta is available again after serving a one-match ban against Villarreal and Dani García could come into the side on Saturday as Berizzo shuffles his pack during a busy fixture schedule.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?