Simeone includes Arias in Atlético squad for the derby
The Atlético coach has named a 19-man squad for tonight's Madrid derby at the Bernabéu. Savic and Gelson Martins, with physical problems have been left out.
Diego Pablo Simeone has named the 19 players who form part of his squad list for tonight's game against Real Madrid after veering from his usual plans by calling his players to meet on the same day as the game. Right-back Santiago Arias has been included after being given the medical all-clear this morning. He has now recovered from the fractured rib he suffered while on international duty with Colombia.
Vitolo could also be handed a run-out at the Bernabéu after shaking off a sprained knee while B team striker Borja Garcés makes the list but could be dropped later to round down the squad to 18.
Oblak, Adán, Arias, Juanfran, Giménez, Godín, Lucas, Filipe, Rodrigo, Thomas, Saúl, Koke, Vitolo, Lemar, Correa, Griezmann, Diego Costa, Borja Garcés and Kalinic.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USA beat Australia to win bronze medal
- OLYMPICS | BASKETBALL Durant and Team USA roll with the punches to bring gold closer
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: what is Megan Rapinoe's net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59