The defiant stare of Mono Burgos towards Lopetegui in El Derbi
Spanish programme El Día Después shared some gripping footage of the goings-on in the technical areas during Real Madrid's tense draw with Atlético.
Mono Burgos, technical assistant to Atlético Madrid manager Diego Simeone, was captured giving Real Madrid coach Julen Lopetegui what has been described by some as his 'death stare'. This, however, was just one of the moments of an intriguing set of highlights of the action on the sidelines during the Madrid derby.
Bernabéu tensions running high
Spanish TV programme El Día Después published footage of the managers and benches from key incidents in the match that ended 1-1 on Saturday evening. And that particular look from Burgos came while Julen Lopetegui protested to the fourth official.
Whether screaming about a poor challenge from a rival player or complaining that their opposite number was straying from the technical area, the three-minute highlights reel away from the pitch proved to be popular viewing. Check it out for yourself...
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'