Real Madrid's injured Marcelo drops out of Brazil squad
The Brazilian FA has confirmed Real Madrid left-back Marcelo will not be available for games against Saudi Arabia and Argentina.
Marcelo has dropped out of the Brazil squad for friendlies against Saudi Arabia and Argentina, the Brazilian FA (CBF) has confirmed.
Brazil without Marcelo
The Real Madrid left-back has missed his team's last two matches, a 0-0 derby draw with Atletico Madrid in LaLiga and Tuesday's 1-0 Champions League loss away to CSKA Moscow.
And Marcelo's calf injury will prevent the 30-year-old from linking up with Tite's squad during the international break, the CBF said on Wednesday.
Brazil face Saudi Arabia on October 12 before taking on rivals Argentina in another friendly match four days later.
Thiago Silva, Douglas Costa and Willian are among the big names to be missing from the group named by Tite.
Barcelona winger Malcom, 21, could make his international debut after being handed a maiden call-up.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What is Walmart's buy now, pay later program? Why is the layaway program discarded?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano eruption today: evacuation, possible tsunami and live updates
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- NFL | JAGUARS Jags QB Lawrence vows not to 'play timid' after throwing seven interceptions
- NFL | BUCS Brady demands Bucs learn from Rams defeat
- Rodgers convinced last-gasp turnaround gives Packers 'legitimacy' as Super Bowl contenders