Scolari's Palmeiras ease into Libertadores semi final
Goals from Dudu and Miguel Borja guided Palmeiras to another win over Colo-Colo.
Palmeiras eased into the Copa Libertadores semi-finals after a 2-0 win over Colo-Colo in Sao Paulo on Wednesday.
The Brazilian giants' win saw them complete a 4-0 aggregate success, having claimed the first leg of the quarter-final tie 2-0 away from home.
Goals from Dudu and Miguel Borja either side of half-time at the Allianz Parque sealed a comfortable win for Luiz Felipe Scolari's men.
The 1999 champions will face either Boca Juniors or Cruzeiro in the last four.
Already in control of the tie, Palmeiras opened the scoring in the second leg eight minutes before half-time.
Dudu ran at the Colo-Colo defence before unleashing a wonderful 25-yard effort into the top corner.
And eight minutes after half-time, Palmeiras' win was sealed, Borja clinically finishing from the penalty spot.
@MiguelABorja9 llegó a los 9 goles en la #CONMEBOLLibertadores y es el máximo anotador de la Copa junto a Wilson Morelo (@SantaFe).— CONMEBOL Libertadores (@Libertadores) October 4, 2018
Marcó, de penal, el segundo de @Palmeiras ante @ColoColo. pic.twitter.com/35GL9Xh20h
Recommended in English
- US NEWS When did Cyber Monday originate? What is Cyber Monday?
- NFL What is the Dallas Cowboys best record in franchise history?
- NFL Seattle vs. Washington live online: stats, scores and highlights | NFL Week 11
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- Belichick vindicated once more as Jackson builds DPOY case
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats