Calf muscle problem could see Carvajal miss "El Clásico"
A scan has confirmed that the defender will be out of action for a minimum of three weeks and is a doubt for the trip to face Barcelona.
Real Madrid's medical team have confirmed that Dani Carvajal will play no role in the game against Alaves after carrying out a scan on the players damaged calf.
Despite not going into specific detail as to the nature of the muscular problem sustained in the midweek Champions League tie in Russia, the best case scenario for the player would signal 2-3 weeks away from match action and up to 4 or 5 weeks if the problem is of a graver nature which could even see the right back miss the trip to Barcelona on October 28.
This is the second time this season Carvajal has been hampered by muscular injuries with the Spanish international an absentee for the recent home game as Julen Lopetegui's men saw off Espanyol at the Bernabeu with a 1-0 win.
Recommended in English
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- NFL Mac Jones continues his case as best rookie QB of the season
- NFL Cam Newton’s dreams of being Panthers savior shattered
- SOCCER 2021 Ballon d'Or awards ceremony: times, TV, how to watch and stream