Cristiano Ronaldo hires 'lawyer to stars' after rape case re-opened
Ronaldo has hired David Chesnoff, a high-profile criminal defence lawyer who has represented the likes of Paris Hilton and André Agassi.
Cristiano Ronaldo has hired the attorney David Chesnoff, who has built a reputation as a 'lawyer to the stars', after police in the United States this week re-opened an investigation into rape allegations against the 33-year-old.
The criminal defence lawyer has previously represented high-profile figures such as Shaquille O'Neal, Mike Tyson, André Agassi, Bruno Mars, Leonardo DiCaprio, Paris Hilton, Jamie Foxx and members of Michael Jackon's family.
Based in Las Vegas at his Chesnoff & Schonfeld law firm, he also specialises in libel cases, and is viewed as one of the world's top lawyers in his areas of expertise.
Ronaldo denies rape accusations
Chesnoff has not wasted any time. Immediately after he was taken on by Ronaldo on Wednesday, he issued a statement "categorically" denying the accusations made by Kathryn Mayorga, 34, who claims that the Juventus and Portugal footballer raped her in a hotel room in Las Vegas in June 2009.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy