Premier League: Dildo stops play in Brighton win over West Ham
Referee Kevin Friend was quick to remove the sex toy from the pitch at the Amex, but not before being snapped in an unfortunate pose.
Brighton beat West Ham 1-0 in the Premier League on Friday night, leapfrogging the Hammers in the table and moving away from the relegation zone with what was their first top-flight victory since August.
However, the Seagulls' joy at ending their winless run faces, er, stiff competition when it comes to choosing the evening's abiding image.
That's because, in the closing stages of the clash, referee Kevin Friend had to stop play after an unusual object was thrown onto the pitch at the Amex Stadium.
Ref's attempts to be discreet come back to haunt him
Friend quickly picked up the offending item, made his way to the touchline and handed it over to the fourth official, before restarting play.
But not before a particularly quick-witted photographer snapped an image in which Friend is clearly trying to remove the sex toy as discreetly as possible, only to fall foul of a visual effect which is... unfortunate.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan