Premier League: Dildo stops play in Brighton win over West Ham
Referee Kevin Friend was quick to remove the sex toy from the pitch at the Amex, but not before being snapped in an unfortunate pose.
Brighton beat West Ham 1-0 in the Premier League on Friday night, leapfrogging the Hammers in the table and moving away from the relegation zone with what was their first top-flight victory since August.
However, the Seagulls' joy at ending their winless run faces, er, stiff competition when it comes to choosing the evening's abiding image.
That's because, in the closing stages of the clash, referee Kevin Friend had to stop play after an unusual object was thrown onto the pitch at the Amex Stadium.
Ref's attempts to be discreet come back to haunt him
Friend quickly picked up the offending item, made his way to the touchline and handed it over to the fourth official, before restarting play.
But not before a particularly quick-witted photographer snapped an image in which Friend is clearly trying to remove the sex toy as discreetly as possible, only to fall foul of a visual effect which is... unfortunate.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Alexander-Arnold signs long-term extension with Liverpool
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TRACK AND FIELD How many olympic medals has Allyson Felix won in her career?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT 2(4)-2(2) Netherlands summary: score, goals, highlights | Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes