Former Real Madrid forward Cassano agrees to join minnows Virtus Entella
Virtus Entella have confirmed that former Real Madrid, Inter and AC Milan forward Antonio Cassano has agreed to join them.
Antonio Cassano has agreed to train with Virtus Entella, despite the uncertainty surrounding the club. Former AC Milan, Inter and Real Madrid forward Cassano has been without a club since a brief pre-season training stint with Verona in July 2017, and last played an official league game in May 2016 for Sampdoria.
Entella meanwhile are in a peiod of limbo, having played just one Serie C game despite been relegated from the second-tier last season, due to an ongoing dispute between the club and the Federazione Italiana Giuoco Calcio.
And Cassano, who has 39 caps for Italy, has now agreed to train with Entella without signing a contract, with a decision on whether the club will be reinstated back to Serie B expected on 9 October.
"Virtus Entella communicates to have accepted the request of Antonio Cassano that from Monday he will train with the first team to the orders of the coach Roberto Boscaglia, without any contractual tie," Entella announced on their official Twitter feed.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: is a new payment coming? Opt-out, eligibility, tax refund...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 31: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo 2021: Simone Biles pulls out of vault and bars finals
- OLYMPIC GAMES Connor Fields suffered brain bleed in BMX crash, out of ICU
- OLYMPIC GAMES South Korea U23 vs Mexico U23 live online: scores, stats and updates | Olympic men's soccer