Barça: Genoa's Piatek doubts Camp Nou interest is genuine
The 23-year-old striker, dubbed the "new Lewandowski," has scored nine times in seven Serie A games with Barça, Juventus and Roma keeping tabs.
Krzysztof Piatek has been one of the early sensations in Serie A this season, slamming in nine goals in seven league fixtures and helping himself to four inside an hour in a Coppa Italia game against Lecce, figures that have made some of Europe’s heavyweights sit up and take notice of the 23-year-old.
Piatek earned his first senior Poland cap during the last international break and comparisons with Robert Lewandowski have been plentiful in Italy, with the general impression being that Genoa president Enrico Preziosi will cash in on his star player next summer.
Piatek setting Serie A alight
Some clubs may decide to move more quickly than that for a player valued at just four million euros on Transfermarkt – a number that is likely to rise as quickly as Piatek’s goal tally. Barcelona, Juventus and Roma are currently credited with an interest but Piatek played down those links in an interview with Polish daily Sportowefakty: “I doubt Barcelona are interested. When the papers start talking about me what I do is just concentrate on the next training session.”
Piatek was in action again against Parma on Sunday and found the net for a seventh consecutive league game, no doubt under close observation by an army of scouts eager to run the rule over Serie A’s current top scorer.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What has Biden said about Justice Breyer's replacement on the Supreme Court?
- SIGA SIGA Global Mentorship Program creating the next generation of female leaders
- NFL How many Super Bowls have the San Francisco 49ers won?
- NFL Chiefs fans donate $223K to Buffalo hospital to mark win vs Bills
- NBA Statue of Kobe and Gianna Bryant erected at crash site
- NBA Giannis admits Cavs deserves greater respect after Bucks win