Ivory Coast’s Adama Traore out for the rest of the season
The left back suffered a knee injury in a Turkish Super Lig match last Friday.
Ivory Coast and Goztepe defender Adama Traore has been ruled out for the rest of the season after suffering a knee injury in a Turkish Super Lig match against Kasimpasa last Friday.
Due to this injury, the 28-year-old won’t be able to play with his country at the 2019 African Cup of Nations (Afcon) qualifying matches.
He is expected to return to full fitness in April next year.
According to a report by the BBC, Angers right back Abdoulaye Bamba has been called up to fill his position at the Elephants.
Traore, who previously played in Switzerland with Basel and in Portugal with Vitoria de Guimares, joined Gotzepe on August 2017.
This season he became a regular for the Turkish side, appearing in almost every game.
The left back represented Ivory Coast at under-20 and under-23 levels before making his debut as a senior against Sierra Leone in September 2015.
Since then, he has been capped 13 times for the Elephants.
Gassama also injured
Adama Traore ruled out of Ivory Coast Afcon Qualifiers pic.twitter.com/nSB9IIjygt— Report Minds (@Reportminds) 8 October 2018
His Goztepe teammate Lamine Gassama also sustained an injury in the 3-1 defeat against Kasimpasa.
He suffered a groin injury.
The right back was replaced in the Senegal squad by Poland-based Pape Djibril Diaw.
Recommended in English
- LIGA MX Atlas to face Pumas UNAM in the semi-final
- PRIMEIRA LIGA Covid-hit Belenenses SAD hammered by Benfica in forfeited game
- JUVENTUS Juventus confirm police probe into Serie A club's transfer dealings
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats