Benzema responds to France football president: "Please, forget about me"
Karim Benzema has been forced to respond to Noël Le Graët after he said that the Real Madrid attacker's international career is over.
Karim Benzema is used to defending himself in public and has been forced to make a statement against. This time, it's against the president of the French Football Federation, Noël Le Graët, who says Benzema's time with the French national team is over.
Monsieur Le Graët, je vous demande de m’oublier et de me laisser tranquille svp. La France est championne du monde et là est l’essentiel, le reste n’est que futilité. Merci. #LeGraet #CaSuffit #GiveMeABreak— Karim Benzema (@Benzema) 10 de octubre de 2018
"Mr. Le Graet," Benzema said on Twitter. "I ask you to forget about me and leave me alone. France are the world champions and that's the important thing, the rest is pointless, thank you."
Benzema retweets former agent with critical tweet
Benzema also also retweeted a post from his former agent that said: "Noel already put an end to Benzema's international career, he said it in June, and now another time. For what reason? Do you feel like it's your fault? Write to FIFA and let him play for another team to see if it's true that it's finished," he said.
"I have nothing against Karim, he always behaved well with the team but I think the national team is over for him," La Graët said.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement