Vinicius: scores, is sent off, gestures to crowd, out of Clásico
The Real Madrid youngster curled in a fine free-kick before grabbing the headlines for all the wrong reasons in Castilla's draw with Celta B.
Vinicius grabbed the headlines for both good and bad reasons in Real Madrid Castilla's 1-1 Segunda División B draw with Celta Vigo B on Sunday.
Scores superb free-kick, sent off for apparent dive
The 18-year-old Brazilian, who had been left out of the squad for the first team's shock 2-1 LaLiga loss to Levante on Saturday, scored a fabulous equaliser for Castilla, bending in an 83rd-minute free-kick that rescued a point for Santiago Solari's side in Galicia - but, moments later, was sent off.
With 85 minutes on the clock, he was given his marching orders after earning a second yellow card for what was deemed to be a dive on the edge of the Celta area, and was so enraged at the decision that, as he left the field, his feelings of injustice led him to gesture to the home crowd by pointing to the badge on his shirt.
Video: Vinicius curls in stunning free-kick for Real Madrid Castillahttps://t.co/6aEE19jqUY— AS English (@English_AS) 21 October 2018
Suspension also applies to Clásico against Barcelona
Under Spanish Football Federation rules, his suspension for his sending-off will apply to games involving both Castilla and the senior side, leaving him unavailable for Real Madrid's Clásico clash at Barcelona on Sunday - unless Los Blancos lodge an appeal and the ban is temporarily lifted while the club's challenge is considered.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game