Real Madrid-Viktoria Plzen: Vinicius returns, Ceballos left out
Brazilian starlet Vinicius is among the 19 players in Julen Lopetegui's squad for Real Madrid's Champions League clash with Viktoria Plzen.
Julen Lopetegui has named his squad for Real Madrid's Champions League clash with Viktoria Plzen on Tuesday, with Los Blancos' head coach surprisingly opting to leave out Dani Ceballos.
Vinicius returns to Real Madrid squad
Having failed to make the list for the weekend LaLiga defeat to Levante, meanwhile, youngster Vinicius returns - fresh from scoring a stunning goal for Castilla, the club's 'B' team, on Sunday.
Carvajal still out injured
Along with Ceballos, Lopetegui has also omitted Jesús Vallejo, Marcos Llorente and Sergio Reguilón, while Dani Carvajal remains unavailable with a calf injury.
The decision to exclude Ceballos is an unexpected one, as the midfielder has gone from being a fringe player under former boss Zinedine Zidane to establishing himself as a regular pick for Lopetegui (he is the 13th-most used member of the first-team squad this term).
Real Madrid squad to face Viktoria Plzen:
Goalkeepers: Navas, Casilla, Courtois.
Defenders: Ramos, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo, Odriozola.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde, Asensio, Isco.
Forwards: Mariano, Benzema, Bale, Lucas Vázquez, Vinicius.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card