Allegri fears Emre Can will need surgery
Massimiliano Allegri fears Emre Can will need an operation, although he is awaiting a final medical report.
Emre Can will most likely need surgery on a thyroid problem, Juventus head coach Massimiliano Allegri has confirmed.
The midfielder missed his side's last two matches against Genoa and Manchester United, after a thyroid nodule was detected.
The former Liverpool man has been undergoing tests on the issue and Allegri expects an operation to be needed.
"He is finalising his medical tests," Allegri told a news conference. "Doctors will decide whether he needs surgery but at this point it’s very likely."
Can has made eight Serie A appearances since moving from Liverpool at the end of last season.
Juve take on Empoli on Saturday, looking to extend their unbeaten run in all competitions in 2018-19 to 13 games.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash