Bale's agent calls Valdano "nothing" in response to criticism
Jonathan Barnett was contacted by ESPNFC and he responded by saying the criticism "comes from nothing" regarding Jorge Valdano's criticism.
Gareth Bale's agent has told ESPNFC that the criticism of his client "comes from nothing" after Jorge Valdano took aim after the Clásico on Sunday.
Valdano spoke to Onda Cero to analyse the defeat of Real Madrid at the hands of Barcelona on Sunday night. "He was in charge of marking Alba and after seven minutes, his concentration gave up" in reference to the freedom Barça's left-back enjoyed on the left flank during the game.
"We keep measuring Bale for his price and his price has left the fantasy that he is a world class player. But the last five years have not been coherent with what Madrid paid for him," Valdano continued. "He can score the goal of the season and then you applaud him for the goal of the year."
"You have to see if his style of football will go with the players he has," he continued when asked about Conte potentially taking over. "At first, they respect the arrows on the chalkboard but then their nature comes out, like Bale, and they think they have the authority to do what they want and that sometimes goes against the collective."
Jonathan Barrett told ESPNFC that the criticism "comes from nothing so it is taken as nothing."
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash