Jordi Alba recalled by Spain; Brais, Hermoso and Fornals make the list
Luis Enrique announced his Spain squad for the Nations League game against Croatia and the friendly meeting with Bosnia in Las Palmas on 18 November.
Jordi Alba has been recalled by Spain. That was the big surprise in Luis Enrique's third squad list for Spain's next engagements - the decisive UEFA Nations League clash with Croatia on Thursday 15 November followed by a friendly against Bosnia in Las Palmas on Sunday 18th. The Barça left-back has been in such a scintillating moment of form that the Spain coach simply had to include him this time (Alba was strangely left out of Luis Enrique's previous two lists). The other surprise inclusion were those of Celta midfielder Brais Méndez, Espanyol centre-back Mario Hermoso, Real Sociedad central defender Diego Llorente and Villarreal midfielder Pablo Fornals - all of whom apart from Llorente receving their first call-up. Isco and Sergi Roberto, who missed last month's internationals through injury, also return.
The most glaring omissions this time are those of Koke, Thiago and Diego Costa who are recovering from their respective fitness problems while Nacho, Marcos Alonso, Marc Bartra, Raúl Albiol and Paco Alcácer have been excluded for technical decision.
Goalkeepers: De Gea, Kepa, Pau López
Defenders: Jordi Alba, Ramos, Íñigo Martínez, Diego Llorente, Mario Hermoso, Jonny, Gayà, Azpilicueta
Midfielders: Ceballos, Isco, Asensio, Suso, Fornals, Brais Méndez, Saúl, Rodrigo H. Sergi Roberto, Busquets
Forwards: Rodrigo Moreno, Iago Aspas, Morata
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Would a government shutdown in December completely stop fourth stimulus check negotiations?
- SOCIAL SECURITY Can you change your Social Security number for any reason?
- NFL Bucs' Antonio Brown banned for three games by NFL
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why has Michael Carrick left Manchester Utd?
- NFL How are the uniforms of the 2021 Army vs. Navy football game? Are they for sale?
- SOCCER With what teams has Cristiano Ronaldo scored career 800 goals?