Jordi Alba recalled by Spain; Brais, Hermoso and Fornals make the list
Luis Enrique announced his Spain squad for the Nations League game against Croatia and the friendly meeting with Bosnia in Las Palmas on 18 November.
Jordi Alba has been recalled by Spain. That was the big surprise in Luis Enrique's third squad list for Spain's next engagements - the decisive UEFA Nations League clash with Croatia on Thursday 15 November followed by a friendly against Bosnia in Las Palmas on Sunday 18th. The Barça left-back has been in such a scintillating moment of form that the Spain coach simply had to include him this time (Alba was strangely left out of Luis Enrique's previous two lists). The other surprise inclusion were those of Celta midfielder Brais Méndez, Espanyol centre-back Mario Hermoso, Real Sociedad central defender Diego Llorente and Villarreal midfielder Pablo Fornals - all of whom apart from Llorente receving their first call-up. Isco and Sergi Roberto, who missed last month's internationals through injury, also return.
The most glaring omissions this time are those of Koke, Thiago and Diego Costa who are recovering from their respective fitness problems while Nacho, Marcos Alonso, Marc Bartra, Raúl Albiol and Paco Alcácer have been excluded for technical decision.
Goalkeepers: De Gea, Kepa, Pau López
Defenders: Jordi Alba, Ramos, Íñigo Martínez, Diego Llorente, Mario Hermoso, Jonny, Gayà, Azpilicueta
Midfielders: Ceballos, Isco, Asensio, Suso, Fornals, Brais Méndez, Saúl, Rodrigo H. Sergi Roberto, Busquets
Forwards: Rodrigo Moreno, Iago Aspas, Morata
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game