Japanese Boca Juniors fan travels 33 hours for suspended Boca - River game
A Boca Juniors fan from Tokyo has had his dreams shattered by the rain in Buenos Aires which led to the postponement of the Copa Libertadores final first leg between Boca Juniors and River Plate.
Boca Juniors fan Isamu Kato has had his Copa Libertadores final dreams shattered by the torrential rain in Buenos Aires, which led to the first leg of the Superclásico between Boca Juniors and River Plate at the Bombonero being cancelled.
Copa Libertadores final postponed
Isamu Kato travelled 33 hours from Tokyo to Argentina to see the final between the 'Xeneizes' y 'Los ‘Millonarios' as they are known locally, only for the game to be cancelled. The Boca fan, who posted on Twitter that “The Copa Libertadores is my obsession”, also stated he’s got only 24 hours in the Argentinean capital, meaning that he’ll miss Sunday’s rescheduled game and won’t get the result until he lands back in Tokyo.
33horas desde Tokio🇯🇵🗼— Isamu Kato (@IsamiLito) 10 de noviembre de 2018
24horas en BuenosAires🇦🇷💙💛
LA COPA LIBERTADORES es mi obsesion🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆@cauciello @La12tuittera @La12enTuitter @DiarioXeneize @deoroycieloazul @Bocajgdor12pte @BocaaaBocaaa @bocajuniorsar @martincappareli @universobocajrs @InformacionCABJ pic.twitter.com/0xwFXuh87Y
Luckily he seems to have a positive attitude, having been delayed on his flight to Buenos Aires he tweeted: “The plane was delayed but I arrived safely in Buenos Aires to see the final. There are 11 hours till it starts, and 19 until I’m going back home. I’m having fun”.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?