Dembélé: Barcelona hold crunch talks with player's agent
The front page of Mundo Deportivo this morning reveals that the LaLiga club met with Ousmane Dembélé's representative yesterday.
It has been clear for some time now that Ousmane Dembélé has developed into a major problem figure at Barcelona, with the forward's unprofessional attitude exacerbating the difficulties he has experienced in adapting to life at the Camp Nou.
Indeed, Dembélé's constant displays of poor time-keeping and lack of discipline led Barça coach Ernesto Valverde to publicly punish the France international at the weekend by leaving him out of the squad for the 4-3 LaLiga defeat to Real Betis.
"Crunch meeting over Dembélé"
And on its front page this morning, the Catalonia-based newspaper Mundo Deportivo leads with news of a "crunch meeting over Dembélé" between Barcelona chiefs and the 21-year-old's agent, Moussa Sissoko, yesterday.
Patience at Barça is thinning, but the aim remains to solve the issue. The fee paid for Dembélé (105m euros plus add-ons), and his raw ability ("he has the potential to really explode", is the word at the club), mean Barça are keen to keep faith in him.
Barcelona eyeing Zagreb's Olmo, says Sport
Meanwhile, Sport discusses potential reinforcements at Barça, and focuses on winger Dani Olmo, a Blaugrana youth product who has been at Croatian club Dinamo Zagreb since 2015. According to the Catalan daily, the Spanish champions "have made contact with the player's camp".
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card