Neymar, Mbappé: PSG to wait for injury updates
Paris Saint-Germain have confirmed Kylian Mbappé and Neymar did not sustain serious injuries on international duty on Tuesday.
Neymar and Kylian Mbappé are not seriously injured but Paris Saint-Germain confirmed the attacking duo will require further medical tests ahead of a crucial Champions League clash with Liverpool.
Big-name pair injured on international duty this week
Both forwards were injured in international friendlies on Tuesday, Brazil captain Neymar limping off after eight minutes against Cameroon while Mbappé was withdrawn in the first half of France's fixture with Uruguay.
PSG's perfect Ligue 1 record is on the line at home to Toulouse on Saturday but head coach Thomas Tuchel will be more concerned about Neymar and Mbappé's availability to face Liverpool at the Parc des Princes four days later.
Neymar has adductor strain, Mbappé nursing bruised shoulder
The club confirmed in a brief medical update that Neymar has been diagnosed with "a right adductor strain", while Mbappé has "a bruised right shoulder".
"They will undergo a 48-hour period of treatment before further evaluation," the club's statement said.
PSG outside of Champions League last-16 qualification places
PSG are third in Group C of the Champions League with two games remaining, a point behind both Napoli and Liverpool.
They host last season's beaten finalists before heading to Red Star Belgrade in their last pool fixture
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7