Sergio Ramos subjected to offensive chants in Balaídos - LaLiga files report
The Spanish league issued a statement to confirm they are studying the insults hurled at the Real Madrid player by Celta fans at Balaídos on 11 November.
LaLiga have filed an official report on the insults aimed at Sergio Ramos by a section of Celta de Vigo fans in the Week 12 meeting with Real Madrid in Vigo. The complaint has been sent to the RFEF Competitions Committee and the Anti-Violence Commission for review.
In a statement issued this afternoon, LaLiga detailled their complaint:
1. On minute 25 of the game, at the moment when the visiting goalkeeper was about to put the ball back into play following a direct free-kick, around 500 home supporters, located in the Siareiros section of the Río Bajo stand, situated in the part above the area with banners with the inscriptions “Siareiros Celta Vigo”, “Irmandiños”, “Celta Birras”, “Tropas de Breogán” and “Celtarras”, began chantung in unision for approximately 10 seconds, "SERGIO RAMOS, SON OF A BITCH!”, accompanied by the beat of a drum, and aimed at the player wearing the number 4 shirt on the visiting side, Sergio Ramos. The chant was not taken up by the rest of the home supporters.
It is worth noting that the rest of the spectators in the stadium were well behaved during the match and that the aforementioned incident occurred only in an isolated part of the ground".
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play