Neymar won't return to Barcelona – Xavi
Neymar is linked with a return to Barcelona, but Xavi does not see such a move happening.
Barcelona great Xavi believes there is no chance Neymar will return to the LaLiga champions.
Neymar is in his second season at Paris Saint-Germain after leaving Camp Nou in 2017, but the 26-year-old is already linked with a return to Barça.
The Brazil star reportedly met with Andre Cury, an advisor to Barça in terms of signings, during the international break.
But Xavi – who won eight LaLiga titles and four Champions Leagues at Barça – dismissed any suggestions Neymar could return to the club.
Xavi: Zero chance Neymar will return
"I don't see it. I don't see it. I also think it didn't work out well, I don't see it in any way," he told Spain's Cadena SER radio station on Thursday.
"I read a lot of press because I'm up to date with everything football, but I see zero chances that Neymar can return to Barcelona."
Neymar has scored 13 goals in 16 games for PSG this season as he enjoys another prolific campaign.
Xavi praised the former Santos star's ability and believes Neymar can reach the same level as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
"If he is mature and works, he will be close to Cristiano and Messi," he said.
"He can be decisive, but it depends on him."
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash