Neymar: Barcelona waiting for PSG forward to make first move
Mundo Deportivo today reports that Barcelona feel the Brazilian must take the initiative if he wants to make a return from PSG a reality.
The idea that Neymar could return to Barcelona next summer, two years after leaving for Paris Saint-Germain, is starting to appear less and less far-fetched.
While Xavi Hernández is just one of the major figures associated with Barça to have voiced their view that it is impossible, club chiefs such as general manager Pep Segura have refused to rule out the transfer.
Barcelona waiting for Neymar to act, says MD
And Mundo Deportivo today reports that the Blaugrana are waiting for Neymar to make the first move before deciding whether there is a real prospect of the Brazilian re-signing for the club, where he won two LaLiga titles, three Copas del Rey and one Champions League between 2013 and 2017.
According to the the Catalonia-based newspaper, the 26-year-old would have to inform PSG of his desire to rejoin Barcelona, and also be the one to reach out to Camp Nou president Josep María Martomeu, to make the deal happen.
Busquets hailed ahead of 500th Barcelona match
Elsewhere in the Catalan press, attentions are firmly focused on Barça's LaLiga clash at Atlético Madrid on Saturday, with Sport looking to the division's joint-top scorers, Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez, to add to their nine goals each this term. "Two Pichichis out to conquer the Wanda", reads the paper's front-page headline.
Meanwhile, L'Esportiu reserves special mention for Sergio Busquets, who is set to make his 500th appearance for Barça, hailing the midfielder as "untouchable".
Te recomendamos en English
- HALLOWEEN 2021 How to create the perfect DIY Squid Games Halloween costumes: doll, guards, participants…
- NEW JERSEY ELECTION 2021 Who is running for governor in New Jersey?
- NFL New Orleans Saints vs Seattle Seahawks live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 7
- NFL Packers WR Davante Adams placed on covid-19 reserve list
- NFL Eagles trade veteran QB Flacco back to Jets
- NFL Bears coach Nagy tests positive for covid