James: Juventus, Mendes discuss Colombian in Milan meeting
Jorge Mendes was in Italy on Wednesday for talks over the future of three players potentially on their way to Juve, says Tuttosport.
Jorge Mendes, one of the most powerful player agents in world football, held talks with Juventus directors in Milan on Wednesday, the Italian media outlet Tuttosport has revealed.
The meeting chiefly centred around the future of Portuguese midfielder Rúben Neves, who is currently at Premier League club Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Neves tipped to join Juve in January transfer window
According to the Turin-based newspaper, Juve are closing in on a deal to sign the 21-year-old in January, a move that would see him become the third Mendes player in the Serie A champions' squad, together with Cristiano Ronaldo and Joao Cancelo.
James and De Gea also on the agenda...
Meanwhile, Tuttosport says the two parties also took advantage of the meeting to discuss potential summer deals for two further Mendes clients, James Rodríguez and David de Gea.
With De Gea out of contract at Manchester United in June, the Spanish goalkeeper would arrive at Juve on a free, while James must wait and see whether Bayern Munich opt to make his two-year loan from Real Madrid permanent.
Bayern have a 42m-euro purchase option on James and, despite reports they've chosen not to keep him, club CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said on Thursday that the Germans are yet to make a final decision on his future.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades