Injury panic at Real Madrid over Benzema and Asensio
Real Madrid play in the Club World Cup against Kashima Antlers on Wednesday.
The injury alarm bells are ringing at Real Madrid. Bale and Mariano are both currently struggling with injuries and the side suffered another two casualties in today's game against Rayo Vallecano: Karim Benzema and Marco Asensio.
Benzema ankle injury
Benzema went off in the 76th minute after picking up a knock to his ankle, being substituted by Vincius. The French player went straight to the dressing room and is now a doubt for the Club World Cup. Real Madrid are defending their title, with their first game on Wednesday, the semi-final against Kashima Antlers.
Marco Asensio also left the field of play in bother, having apparently strained a thigh muscle. He went off for Dani Ceballos in the 70th minute and sat on the bench with ice on the affected leg. It looks unlikely he'll be able to play against Kashima Antlers.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS When did Cyber Monday originate? What is Cyber Monday?
- NFL What is the Dallas Cowboys best record in franchise history?
- NFL Seattle vs. Washington live online: stats, scores and highlights | NFL Week 11
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- Belichick vindicated once more as Jackson builds DPOY case
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats