Injury panic at Real Madrid over Benzema and Asensio
Real Madrid play in the Club World Cup against Kashima Antlers on Wednesday.
The injury alarm bells are ringing at Real Madrid. Bale and Mariano are both currently struggling with injuries and the side suffered another two casualties in today's game against Rayo Vallecano: Karim Benzema and Marco Asensio.
Benzema ankle injury
Benzema went off in the 76th minute after picking up a knock to his ankle, being substituted by Vincius. The French player went straight to the dressing room and is now a doubt for the Club World Cup. Real Madrid are defending their title, with their first game on Wednesday, the semi-final against Kashima Antlers.
Marco Asensio also left the field of play in bother, having apparently strained a thigh muscle. He went off for Dani Ceballos in the 70th minute and sat on the bench with ice on the affected leg. It looks unlikely he'll be able to play against Kashima Antlers.
Recommended in English
- NBA Juancho recalls tough times at Boston: "There was no room for me"
- NFL PFWA selects three Chiefs for All-Rookie Team Honors
- Soccer Real Madrid's Rodrygo wants World Cup glory with Brazil
- AFCON Mané taken to hospital after head injury blow at AFCON
- NFL Lakers 106 vs. 96 Nets summary: stats, scores, and highlights | NBA
- MLB Big Papi only player elected to Hall of Fame