PSG: Rabiot refuses contract and will be benched "indefinitely"
Antero Henrique, sporting director of the Ligue 1 giants, confirmed that the midfielder wants to leave and will not be played under the current impasse.
"Adrien Rabiot has informed me that he will not sign a contract renewal and that he wants to leave the club at the end of the season,” said PSG sporting director Antero Henrique on Monday. “The consequences are very clear; he will remain on the substitutes' bench indefinitely.”
Midfielder Rabiot has been at loggerheads with PSG for some time and has made it clear that he does not intend to remain at the Parc des Princes beyond the end of the season, but Henrique, who enjoys a certain notoriety as a hard-baller, has taken a very form stance with the 23-year-old.
PSG move for Frenkie de Jong
Now that PSG have made their position abundantly clear, it is likely Rabiot will be put up for sale during the winter market as he will be eligible to leave the club for free next summer. Barcelona have long been credited with an interest but have a well-stocked midfield already but there will be no shortage of suitors for the stylish midfielder.
PSG have already made the first move for Ajax star Frenkie de Jong, as a replacement for Rabiot. According to De Telegraaf, the Ligue 1 club have tabled an opening offer of 75 million euros for the Netherlands international.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many Olympic medals has the USA volleyball team won?
- OLYMPICS Alternative Tokyo Olympics Medal tables: how would countries rank according to other factors?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the longest race in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: When I was 13, I was playing RuneScape! – Peaty congratulates Sky Brown
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Marathon rules, distance and course at the Tokyo 2021 Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBAL How many olympic medals does LeBron James have?