Alcácer: Borussia Dortmund confirm muscle tear
The Spain striker is believed to have a torn a muscle in Borussia Dortmund's 2-1 defeat of Borussia Mönchengladbach.
Borussia Dortmund suspect striker Paco Alcacer suffered a torn muscle in their Bundesliga win over Borussia Mönchengladbach on Friday.
Dortmund extended their lead at the top of the table back to nine points with a 2-1 victory at Signal Iduna Park.
And they had to do it largely without talisman Alcácer, who has 12 Bundesliga goals to his name this season, after he came off in the 34th minute.
Alcácer was replaced by Mario Götze, and goals from Jadon Sancho and Marco Reus earned Dortmund all three points.
10 goals from the bench—Paco Alcacer breaks the Bundesliga record for substitute goals in a single season.— B/R Football (@brfootball) 18 December 2018
It’s December. 💯 pic.twitter.com/Wb74KCtCM4
"It looks like a torn muscle," sporting director Michael Zorc said in quotes reported by SID.
However, Zorc expects Alcácer will be available when Dortmund resume training on January 3.
Alcácer joined on loan from Barcelona in August. In November Dortmund exercised the option to sign him permanently for €23million on a five-year contract.
Bayern Munich will leapfrog Gladbach and move within six points of Dortmund if they beat Eintracht Frankfurt on Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates