Inter Milan's Director of Sport hasn't given up on Modric
Piero Ausilio told Sky Sports: "Luka is such a great player with tremendous quality. Will Inter try to sign him again? In football, you can never say never”.
Inter Milan Director of Sport Piero Ausilio has spoken to Sky Sports once again about the failed attempt to lure Luka Modric to Italy over the summer. Ausilio admitted that "people didn't think it would be possible to sign Modric but there's no harm in dreaming. It was a proposal we put on the table which was discussed at the time. It's true that we were told that [Modric's representatives] had to inform Madrid about the offer and that they'd let us know”.
Never say never
Despite the compexities of the operation, Piero Ausilio says he hasn't been deterred and is willing to have another attempt at signing Modric next year: “To be honest, we're not quite ready to open negotiations because we know our limits. Luka is such a great player with a lot of quality. Will we try to sign him again? In football, you can never say never”.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- MLB trade deadline Yankees get Rizzo from Cubs, Schwarber to Red Sox
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 30: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- Tokyo Olympics: Fraser-Pryce dazzles but Ta Lou sets the standard in stunning women's sprint heats
- NBA Wizards reportedly trade Westbrook to LA Lakers in draft-night blockbuster