Stats show Aubameyang barely involved as Liverpool thrash Arsenal
The Opta stats show that Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang made six of his 13 touches in Arsenal's 5-1 defeat to Liverpool at kick-offs.
Arsenal's leading goal-scorer Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang had just 13 touches of the ball as the Gunners were thrashed 5-1 by Liverpool, and six - almost half, of those touches came from kick-offs.
Off day for Arsenal's top scorer
Aubameyang has scored 13 Premier League goals in 20 appearances this season but he cut a lonely figure as Unai Emery's men were pulled apart at Anfield. Ainsley Maitland-Niles gave the visitors the lead after just 11 minutes but Liverpool's response was swift and decisive, Roberto Firmino scoring two goals in three minutes before Sadio Mané and Mohamed Salah scored to make it 4-1 at half-time.
Lacazette replaces Aubameyang
Firmino scored again from the penalty spot in the second half to put the game well out of Arsenal's reach, while the normally lethal Aubameyang was left to reflect on a fruitless evening before being taken off 19 minutes from the end.
Recommended in English
- TENNIS Osaka gives up AO crown: 'This is the biggest step, even though I lost'
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Nothing quite beats single leg cup football
- NFL NFL playoffs: Rams must score big to beat Brady and Bucs, says Stafford
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea under Thomas Tuchel: a year on
- QATAR 2022 World Cup Qatar 2022, African Qualifiers play-off draw: how and where to watch, times, TV, online