Bale off injured against Villarreal
Real Madrid's Welsh striker was subbed at half-time having picked up an injury in the first half of LaLiga match.
Real Madrid's Gareth Bale only lasted the opening half of his first game of 2019, a LaLiga match away to Villarreal. The Welshman was substituted for Isco at the break, having picked up an injury late in the opening 45.
Bale injured in the 38th minute
The alarm bells for Real Madrid started ringing in the 38th minute, when Bale received a ball before being fouled by Javi Fuego. Bale went down, but it soon became clear the foul wasn't the direct cause of his distress, with the Real Madrid man holding his left calf.
Having been attended to by the Real Madrid medical team on the touchline, Bale came back onto the pitch in the 40th minute, but he was clearly limping and struggled to break into a run during the remainder of the first half. He was then taken off at half-time.
This is Bale's 18th injury while at Real Madrid, and the 13th time he's failed to complete a game due to a physical problem.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?