Bale off injured against Villarreal
Real Madrid's Welsh striker was subbed at half-time having picked up an injury in the first half of LaLiga match.
Real Madrid's Gareth Bale only lasted the opening half of his first game of 2019, a LaLiga match away to Villarreal. The Welshman was substituted for Isco at the break, having picked up an injury late in the opening 45.
Bale injured in the 38th minute
The alarm bells for Real Madrid started ringing in the 38th minute, when Bale received a ball before being fouled by Javi Fuego. Bale went down, but it soon became clear the foul wasn't the direct cause of his distress, with the Real Madrid man holding his left calf.
Having been attended to by the Real Madrid medical team on the touchline, Bale came back onto the pitch in the 40th minute, but he was clearly limping and struggled to break into a run during the remainder of the first half. He was then taken off at half-time.
This is Bale's 18th injury while at Real Madrid, and the 13th time he's failed to complete a game due to a physical problem.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future