Barcelona receive 42 million euros for Paulinho - 8 million less than they reported
La Vanguardia confirms that Barça have finally received the transfer fee for the Brazilian - but it is eight million euros short of the figures announced.
In today's edition of La Vanguardia, it was reported that Barcelona have now received the transfer fee owed from Guangzhou Evergrande for Paulinho. The Blaugranas cashed a cheque for 42 million euros - eight million less than the figure they announced that Paulinho would be returning to China on loan but with a compulsary purchase clause of 50 million euros.
Barcelona break even on Paulinho
Barça said at the time that they would not pay in the transfer fee until the start of 2019 to comply with Chinese legislation regarding the closure of the fiscal year. According to La Vanguardia, the Catalans are satisfied with the 42 million euro payment because the additional eight million would have corresponded to the player's salary - a figure they have saved on. Paulinho arrived in Barcelona in the summer of 2017 for 40 million euros, so in a sense, they have not lost out in the operation. Now it will be determined whether Guangzhou's supposed interest for another of Barça's Brazilians, Malcom materialises. The Chinese club is belived to have a 50 million euro ready for the former Girondins de Bordeaux player.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong